Monday 18 October 2010

Revolutionary Road

"Tell me how, by any stretch of imagination, you can call yourself a man?!"- this is what April tells Frank on the first few minutes of the movie REVOLUTIONARY ROAD.
We are watching... enjoying if I may say... the troubled life of a couple... a couple like any other couple, some may say from the 1950's, a story about truth, marriage, infidelity and much much more.
He wants more from life, so does she... they understand each other... but what makes them different after all, when did it all stop being romantic, fun and it got to being so...serious?
I have seen this movie 4 times and I still can't get enough. It is deffinitely among my top 10... Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio have immense chemistry on screen.

After seeing this movie for the first time... I decided to read the book REVOLUTIONARY ROAD by Richard Yates. It blew me away. The book sheds some light on why the characters act the way they do in the movie... so it is much more complete...and therefore you can understand them better and empathyse.
All I can advise you is to watch this movie and have an open heart and mind while watching it.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment